Year 10 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Mihaljevich
Reasons to take Drama:
- Teaches you the confidence to tackle a job interview.
- Develops the communication skills to give the gift of confidence in challenging roles, including Professional Sportsman or Coach, Soldier, Policeman, Lawyer, Teacher, Social Worker, Health and Medical roles, Sales Executive, Inspirational Speaker, Politician, and Professional Actor.
- Teaches Leadership Skills.
- Teaches Teaching Skills.
- Drama is a subject rich in Literacy Credits.
- Drama promotes Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Improves your personal relationships.
- Teaches self-belief and promotes self esteem.
- Topics at Year 10 include Genres (e.g. action, comedy and horror), Conventions (e.g. flashbacks, freezeframe and spoken thoughts), Pick-a-Path Stories and Group teamwork.
- One NCEA Unit (4 credits) offered at Year 10 to able groups or classes.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Anaesthetic Technician, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Author, Dancer, Entertainer, Film/Television Camera Operator, Make-up Artist, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Radio Presenter, Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter,
Course Selection is confirmed at the start of 2022. You can change the courses you have selected up until the start of next year provided there are still spaces in the course you wish to change to.
Some courses may become unavailable due to the number of students taking the courses or changes in staffing.
New courses may also be introduced, in which case you will be notified and given the opportunity to select the new course.