Level 1 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Mihaljevich
DRAMA – YEAR 11
NCEA LEVEL 1
Reasons to take Drama:
- Teaches you the confidence to tackle a job interview.
- Develops the communication skills to give the gift of confidence in challenging roles, including Professional Sportsman or Coach, Soldier, Policeman, Lawyer, Teacher, Social Worker, Health and Medical roles, Sales Executive, Inspirational Speaker, Politician, and Professional Actor.
- Teaches Leadership Skills.
- Teaches Teaching Skills.
- Drama is a subject rich in Literacy Credits.
- Drama promotes Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Improves your personal relationships.
- Teaches self-belief and promotes self esteem.
- Topics at Year 11 include: Devising (Team Creative Process, creating an original performance), Adapting a Poem into a Drama Performance, Mime, The Acting Process.
- We run a Theatre Trip to a live performance during the year to support assessment. (The cost of this is met by the candidates).
- 17 NCEA Credits (13 internal, 4 external)
For further information see: Mr Mihaljevich
Completion of Year 10 Drama is recommended.
This course is eligible for subject endorsement.
Total Credits Available: 17 credits.
Externally Assessed Credits: 4 credits.
Internally Assessed Credits: 13 credits.
Diversional Therapist, Actor, Anaesthetic Technician, Art Director (Film, Television or Stage), Artistic Director, Film and Video Editor, Sound Technician, Author, Dancer, Entertainer, Film/Television Camera Operator, Make-up Artist, Director (Film, Television, Radio or Stage), Radio Presenter, Early Childhood Teacher, Media Producer, Production Assistant (Film, Model, Nanny/Child Carer, Private Teacher/Tutor, Television Presenter,
Course Selection is confirmed at the start of 2022. You can change the courses you have selected up until the start of next year provided there are still spaces in the course you wish to change to.
Some courses may become unavailable due to the number of students taking the courses or changes in staffing.
New courses may also be introduced, in which case you will be notified and given the opportunity to select the new course.