Level 1 Drama
Teacher in Charge: Mr B. Mihaljevich
Completion of Year 10 Drama is recommended.
DRAMA – YEAR 11
NCEA LEVEL 1
Reasons to take Drama:
- Teaches you the confidence to tackle a job interview.
- Develops the communication skills to give the gift of confidence in challenging roles, including Professional Sportsman or Coach, Soldier, Policeman, Lawyer, Teacher, Social Worker, Health and Medical roles, Sales Executive, Inspirational Speaker, Politician, and Professional Actor.
- Teaches Leadership Skills.
- Teaches Teaching Skills.
- Drama is a subject rich in Literacy Credits.
- Drama promotes Mental Health and Wellbeing.
- Improves your personal relationships.
- Teaches self-belief and promotes self esteem.
- Topics at Year 11 include: Devising (Team Creative Process, creating an original performance), Adapting a Poem into a Drama Performance, Mime, The Acting Process.
- We run a Theatre Trip to a live performance during the year to support assessment. (The cost of this is met by the candidates).
- 17 NCEA Credits (13 internal, 4 external)
For further information see: Mr Mihaljevich
Level 2 Drama