Year 10 Social Studies
Teacher in Charge: Mr A. Sharma
Social Studies is about how societies work and how people can participate and take action as critical, active, informed, and responsible citizens. Contexts are drawn from the past, present, and future and from places within and beyond New Zealand.
Students will gain knowledge, skills, and experience to:
- Understand how systems of government in New Zealand operate and affect people’s lives, and how they compare with another system.
- Understand how the Treaty of Waitangi is responding differently to people in different times and places.
- Understand how cultural interaction impacts on cultures and societies.
- Understand that people move between places and how this has consequences for the people and the places.
- Understand how economic decisions impact on people, communities, and nations.
- Understand how people’s management of resources impacts on environmental and social sustainability.
- Understand how the ideas and actions of people in the past have had a significant impact on people’s lives.
- Understand how people seek and have sought economic growth through business, enterprise, and innovation.
- Understand how people define and seek human rights.
Level 1 Geography, Level 1 History