Vocational Pathways are available to Year 12 & 13 students and provide new ways to achieve NCEA L2 & L3 – the foundation for success in further education and the world of work.
The pathways help you see how your learning and achievement will be valued in the ‘real world’ when you look for a job and start your career.
Achieving Vocational Pathways means that you have developed skills, and achieved in areas that employers’ value, and that you have skills and knowledge that are relevant for their industries.
Aims of the KBHS Vocational Pathways courses:
- Allow students to gain NCEA Level 2
- Allow students to have a course they can study at Level 3
- Breakdown the barriers so students feel comfortable in the idea of attending tertiary institutions
- Allow students to develop practical work skills
- Allow students to develop contacts in the workforce so they are more likely to find a job in the future.
- Improve student engagement in learning
For the majority of the year the student will be offsite for one day a week. The student will be responsible for getting themselves to the Unitec, external providers and the work sites when on work experience.
Courses in this Learning Area